Press ESC to close

Charger fire leaves house uninhabitable


A house in Southend has been left with significant fire and smoke damage after a charger caught alight. 

Crews were called to the terraced property in Prittlewell Square after a passer-by noticed flames inside the house. 

When firefighters arrived they were faced with a well developed fire in the kitchen and reported that the three-storey house was heavily smoke logged. The homeowner was out at the time. 

Watch Manager Mark Petty-Mayor, Southend Fire Station, said:

“Our crews worked really hard to contain the fire and stop it spreading any further.

“Unfortunately the house has been badly damaged by both fire and smoke and the homeowner won’t be able to live there until it’s fixed.”

The cause of the fire has been put down to a cordless drill charger in the kitchen. 

Watch Manager Mark Petty-Mayor added:

“Our homes are filled with lots of chargers these days, so it’s really important to be aware of what’s plugged in and switch everything off when you leave the house. 

“Of course, our most vital piece of advice is always to make sure you have a working smoke alarm on every level of your home.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

@Katen on Instagram
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed with the ID 1 found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.